Direct flights from Wrocław to Seoul take off on November 3. The pre-inaugural K-weekend, which took place on October 28-29 at the Wrocław Airport, gathered crowds of enthusiasts of South Korean culture. The event's partner was LG Energy Solution Wrocław.
- On Friday, October 27, a meeting of the local government of the Lower Silesian Voivodship, Marshal of the Lower Silesian Voivodship Cezary Przybylski, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea in Poland Hoonmin Lim, representatives of LG Energy Solution Wrocław and the Korean Association in Wrocław took place.
- LG Energy Solution Wrocław is a partner of pre-inauguration of direct flights on the Wrocław-Seoul route.
- During the K-Weekend event, those interested could learn not only about South Korean culture, but also national technology, represented by the LG Energy Solution Wrocław brand, leading manufacturer of electric car batteries in the world.
The first plane from Wrocław to Seoul will depart on the coming Friday. Passengers to the capital of South Korea will fly on a modern plane – Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner and land on one of the largest hubs in Asia – Incheon airport. Wroclaw-Seoul flights are scheduled once a week, on Fridays in the afternoon. The route will be served by LOT Polish Airlines.
Inauguration of the direct Wrocław-Seoul air connection
On the occasion of the opening of the new route on Friday, October 27, a meeting of the local government of the Lower Silesian Voivodship, Marshal of the Lower Silesian Voivodship Cezary Przybylski, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea in Poland Hoonmin Lim took place, representatives of LG Energy Solution Wrocław and the Korean association in Wrocław. All parties agree that this new connection is very important not only for Lower Silesia, Wrocław, but above all for several thousand Koreans living in Poland. Only in the Lower Silesian region does more than half of the entire Korean community live in Poland, i.e. 2.5 thousand people
- I often got questions in Korea about the location of Wrocław. I explained that it was 3.5 hours from Warsaw. From the moment I start a direct connection as president, I will say: I'm just in Wroclaw. This direct connection will reduce the length of the flight itself as well as the distance between countries. It's about closing the psychological distance. If this distance decreases, agreement will become much easier. The figurative importance of a better connection between our countries is important. - admits Jangha Lee, president of LG Energy Solution Wrocław.
K-weekend at the Wrocław Airport
As a preparation for the flight, those interested could participate in a pre-inaugural event. The K-weekend at Wrocław Airport took place on October 28-29 and attracted many people interested in South Korean culture, as well as battery technology originating from South Korea, which is patronized throughout Europe by the LG Energy Solution Wrocław company near Wrocław.
As part of the event, LG Energy Solution Wrocław offered participants relax in its chill-out zone and a knowledge quiz with prizes. The company was the official partner of the K-weekend organized by Wrocław Airport.
- The Wrocław-Seoul air connection is very important to us because it significantly shortens the distance. Until now, our employees were forced to use connecting flights, but from next Friday after 11 hours of direct flight they will be able to be at home. – comments Klaudia Piątek, PR/CSR Department manager at LG Energy Solution Wrocław - Many of our employees are already happy that a family will come to them soon, or that they will be able to appear faster among loved ones. I am sure that this combination will contribute to the further development of Polish-Korean cooperation. – adds a spokeswoman for the company.
The K-weekend program of the event included traditional Korean calligraphy workshops, Taekwondo show, author's meeting with Mijin Mok - author of the book "7736 km. Between South Korea and Poland", performance by Hae-eo-hwa Korean Fan Dance Team or projection of the Oscar film “Minari” directed by Lee Isaak Chung.